For many, the bathroom is one of the most visited rooms in the house. Whether you live alone, with family, or with friends, everyone likes to keep their bathrooms neat.
Here are a few great ideas to help customize and update your bathroom at an affordable cost. Many of these small projects are do it yourself and can save you the money and hassle of dealing with hiring a professional.
- Paint– As simple as it sounds a fresh layer of paint is sure to brighten up the room. For about $30 a gallon this is a great place to start. With endless color possibilities this easy DIY project is a simple way to create the perfect clean, bright room. A few tips to keep in mind when painting a bathroom are to make sure you clean the walls before applying the paint, to use a moisture/mildew resistant primer, and lastly to avoid showering for a day or two if possibly to allow the paint to dry properly.
- Bathroom Fixtures– Decorations and accessories can really help pull a room together and give it that customized look and feel. Towel racks or rings are a part of all bathrooms but the towels you hang up can really impact the room. White towels in front of a darker wall color will really stand out and help give that clean and neat appearance. You can also hang holiday towels throughout the year to help create that festive type of atmosphere. Pictures and other decorations can easily be hung as well to help make your bathroom unique.
- Rugs– Bathroom rugs and mats are small things that can literally give a new feel to your room. Many of these can be purchased for around $25-35. Changing your rug every so often is just another small task that will help update your bathroom and keep your floor looking clean.
- Curtains- Shower curtains come in various colors, designs, and textures. Hanging a new shower curtain every so often is a quick way to make a noticeable change in your bathroom.
- Mirrors– Mirrors are often a focal point of every bathroom. Whether you’re brushing your teeth, drying your hair, or putting on make-up, we are constantly looking at ourselves in the mirror. Mirrors come in various shapes and sizes and can easily be changed.
“One idea that will really make your bathroom stand out is to create a collage of smaller mirrors in different shapes and sizes.