Whether you are looking to sell your home now or in the future, here are some areas to focus on that will not only increase the value of your home, but also make living there more enjoyable for you and your family.
- Curb Appeal: The front of your property says a lot about you and your family to those who pass by. It is important to make sure that all of your landscaping is maintained regularly and that the paint on the house doesn’t look old and faded. You should want the front of your house to look warm and inviting.
- Driveway: An area that is often over-looked is the driveway. You should consider patching up and repaving your driveway every few years or as needed to prevent serious damage.
- Roofing: Installing a new roof or simply patching up small cracks and replacing missing shingles will not only increase the value of your home, but also help keep water and moisture out of the house. Another thing to keep in mind is to make sure that you clean your gutters and do a chimney sweep every so often to prevent clogging and infestation.
- Kitchen: New appliances and small renovations are easy ways to improve your kitchen, thus the overall value of your home. Changes and upgrades in the kitchen will also make cooking much more enjoyable as well.
- Bathrooms: Bathrooms should always be keep clean and neat, not just for appearance, but for sanitary reasons as well. See the following link for some ideas on how to change up the look of your bathrooms.
- Flooring: Every so often it’s important to renovate the carpeting/flooring in your home as well. Doing so not only gives a fresh new look to the house, but it removes the damaged, stained, and often odor filled flooring that previously existed.
By: Anthony Veltri