The Spring Market is here and we’ve compiled a list of great tips to make your home stand out.
- Curb Appeal: Be sure to keep your landscaping properly cut and maintained. Consider planting bright flowers like pansies or tulips to give your home that additional touch of color. Make sure to have the gutters cleaned, the driveway paved, the siding of your home power washed, and the exterior freshly painted if need be. You want to make your home as attractive as possible.
Bonus Tip: Nothing says “Welcome Home” quite like a fresh new door mat.
- Brighten up: Now that you’ve gotten people into your house, it’s important to make sure the interior appears bright and spacious. Let in as much sunlight and fresh air as you can. Consider changing out darker/heavy drapes for lighter sheers that allow more sunlight to penetrate the room. Be sure to clean your windows, mirrors, and glass articles to make things sparkle and reflect as much light as possible.
- Embrace the season: Now that it’s spring consider buying new pillow cases and sheets that evoke a light, airy feeling. Consider buying an air freshener or carpet spray that makes your home smell fresh and clean. Plants are for inside too! Take advantage of the nice weather by placing some flowers and potted plants around your home.
- Attention to detail: Be sure to do the best you can to touch up and hide any blemishes your home may have. Especially small nicks and dents that stand out. Again you want to let in as much light as possible so be sure to regularly clean all areas of your house.
Bonus Tip: Especially for vacant homes, make sure your air-conditioning unit is working properly.
- Relax: Now that you’ve done all that you can to make sure your house is perfect, relax. Don’t get discouraged if there is a small showing at the first Open House. There will be plenty of opportunity in the next few months to get tons of potential buyers through your doors. Just continue to maintain a clean appearance and communicate with your agent so they can properly advertise your home and spread the word.
Bonus Tip: As the homeowners, make sure you are not present during the Open Houses, you don’t want to intimidate or scare away the people who attend. Enjoy the beautiful day off!